Thursday, September 18, 2008

Showers and Storms

Well, time is really passing quickly. I though this late in pregnancy, it might stand still. Guess we have had enough to keep us occupied.

I have had some wonderful baby showers! First one was thrown by Mom, Jen, Grannie, Sabrina and A. Carolyn. Jenne made the wonderful invitations and we drove up to Neches for the shower. We got some great gifts and thankful to everyone.

The cupcakes were awesome Jenni!

Next, Neeli and Marcy threw a shower at Neeli's house in Houston. It was a nice turn out and I was so happy to see everyone that showed up. I had a wonderful time and got some really great stuff for Mav!


Now on to the storms...I was supposed to have another shower this past Sunday thrown by Jenny (this is the third "Jen" sister-in-law I have in case anyone is keeping count). While my Sunday was still spent with in-laws, it was not for the baby shower - we cleaned up branches from Hurricane IKE!

Here is the sunset from our back yard just hours before Ike hit"



At Mom J's:








The baby shower is post-poned to this weekend! :)

Hurricane Ike was pretty intense! We rode out our first storm together huddled in the kitchen by candle light and radio. Well, Rob slept most of the time but I listened to 80 mph gusts and saw blue lightening from power lines. We are very thankful that we suffered no damage and only without power for two and half days. It's been 6 days since then and many are still in the dark! It was very hot and humid the first day without electricity but God sent his answer to many peoples' prayers in the form of a cool front! The weather has been awesome since the storm: fall-like, even!

Also, I have been nesting like crazy! Here is a picture of Mav's Room:




Other than that, we are awaiting our arrival! I had an ultrasound yesterday and Mavrik is looking healthy. He already weights just shy of 7 lbs! He's a big boy with a big belly and big feet! His arrival is only a few weeks away!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

We were wondering how Ike affected you guys.
I love the baby's room! I didn't know you were so crafty, (painting shelves and stuff)