Saturday, May 2, 2009

Latest Mavrik Pictures

Not too much is going on with us right now. We are just working, hanging out and playing with Mav. We are going on vacation pretty soon to Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop, TX. It will be a nice get-away locally. Looking forward to our first family vacation though!

As far as our fitness goals are going...I am going to run the 2010 Houston Marathon! In the meantime, we are hosting Whitfield Turkey Day and thought it would be fun to do a family 5K before we gorge ourselves! It's a kid-friendly, walking-friendly event. Anyway, I know I am going to have resistance, which is why I am giving six month's notice!

Rob has signed up for a real IRONMAN!! St. George, Utah, May 1, 2010. This is a 2.4 MILE swim, 112 bike 26.2 mile run! All in one day! 140.6 total miles! Can you believe that??? All at once! He is going to need lot of support and training.

Here some pics I took this morning in the backyard. He is getting really big - about 20lbs. He had to upgrade to a big-boy car seat. He eats, stands and tries to get on all four. Mavrik is 7 months old now and I don't know where the time has gone!




3 comments:

Jacqui and Reynold said...

Good luck with the marathon and iron man...we'll support you from our rocking chairs in the sun!. Keep the photos of Mav coming..its great to see him growing up - hopefully you find time to come see us in Barbados some time soon...Rob can do some training in the warm caribbean sea!!

Vicki said...

He is such a little cutie. It is amazing how fast they grow. I can't get over what a pretty blue his eyes are!

A "REAL IRONMAN!" I am so impressed. Best of luck to Rob... and to you too for that matter. Is this going to be your first marathon? (it seems like you have run one before?)

I ran my first (and likely only) after my first child... Jake used to push the jogger and we'd all go together until the runs got over 13 miles.... then we got a sitter. We are doing a half in June -- that is more than sufficient for me these days.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob and Trish...it's Aunt Julie! I finally found your blog and soooo thrilled to see pics of Mavrick! He definitely has Trish's eyes! Great talking with you and catching up after all this time. Oh Rob I did just like you suggested...I took your cousin Lauren's iPod away for not telling me you called. Love ya!