Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last Trimester!

Only 3 more months until we meet our baby face-to-face! I can't believe it! We are starting to get really excited in anticipation of being parents.

We are doing well - settling into our home and trying to get used to the idea of all the changes in the next few months! You really can't prepare fully for something this life-changing until it happens, but we are trying! Here is a recent belly pic.


As far as our little one (according to the websites and baby books), he is now dreaming in my belly! It's mostly to develop brain activity, since he has no life experience to dream about! Wonder what is going through his little mind...???? He weighs over 2 pounds and and is about 15 inches from head to toe! He is learning how to cough, suck better and breath - all in one week! Its amazing how these everyday functions that keep us alive develop so quickly in our mommy's belly!

The next 3 months will be where the baby starts gaining weight - he is filling out and becoming more "baby" looking - instead of "alien" looking. Another exciting thing is I have started to feel him hiccup! Almost every day now - it's cute - I really enjoy getting to feel his little kicks and movements - everyone says I will be tired of that in a few weeks - but I love feeling him now!

I will be having a baby shower in August/Sept - there is so much stuff for baby!! We are taking a new parent class soon too. Rob and I are both the youngest and we feel better about objective help.

Anyway, things are going well...I just went up to Austin over the weekend for Heidi's baby shower. It was so great seeing her again - it's fun we are pregnant together and she looks great! I hope I am still this happy at 35 weeks!



Rob recently did his half ironman in Lubbock. He, his mom and Nana drove up there and he competed - he did a great job! I was really impressed with him because we have had so much going lately, that he hasn't been able to train as much as his last half Ironman, however, he finished in good time and did wonderful!!

No comments: